Saturday, April 21, 2007

Thank God for fat

Barbara Johnson once said, "I'm a perfect size 10. I just cover it with fat so it won't get scratched."

I was out driving around today looking at houses for sale in Waynesboro when I stopped back by my son's house. He was in the back yard filling in some low spots. I walked over to look at some plants, stepped into a low spot, and promptly went down. I'm thankful for soft grass and the fact that I wasn't on a sidewalk somewhere.

After I got up, with my kids' help, I drove to W*l-Mart to their optical department to get my glasses straightened. Although I'm sore, I don't think I'll be any worse for the wear...hopefully not, anyway.

What a beautiful day here in Waynesboro. It has been picture perfect, cool in the morning, sunny and mild during the day. Spring is erupting. I'm so glad that I get a chance to see the dogwood in bloom. It has always been one of my favorite flowering trees.

"The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your
body and your fat are really good friends" Anonymous

9 comments:

kenju said...

I'm sorry you fell, and glad to know it wasn't serious. I love that quote about the size 10. I can remember being a size 10 (sigh).

Susie said...

Glad nothing other than possibly your pride was hurt!
Good luck on the househunting!
:)

Karen Townsend said...

Good to hear you weren't seriously hurt. Accidents out of the blue are the pits.

Hug that baby Ella for me tonight!

Anonymous said...

Barbara Johnson once said, "I'm a perfect size 10. I just cover it with fat so it won't get scratched."
Loved this quote and the one at the end...
I'm glad you are ok...I took a tumble once running from a dog...got a mouthful of gravel and the breath knocked out of me...

Travelin'Oma said...

I identify with your fall. My daughter's wedding reception was in the backyard, beautifully lit with lanterns. The bride and groom were ready to cut the cake on the patio, and I went looking for my husband so he could share the big moment. My high heel sunk deep in the grass and I fell flat on my face! It was a darker area of the yard, and although I was surrounded by dozens of people nobody noticed. I climbed up, dusted myself off, and then saw an older lady just sitting there watching me. I still feel embarrassed when I imagine how it all looked!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Beverly, the *private header* is so much more fun to tell about than to take! I'm glad you weren't hurt. I've stepped in a couple holes and tripped over a dog or two myself. I also actually stepped off a ladder once into the paint bucket up over my ankle but with an audience!

House hunting!!! What fun for you.

How about those Braves!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev! I am so sorry to read about your fall and hope you are feeling better now, a few days after the fact! Please say Hi to David, Sabrina & Ella for me! All the best from Tennessee, Heather Williams

Anonymous said...

I sympathize heartily over the fall. I've had some nasty ones, in the past 10-15 years, and still have trouble from the last two really bad ones.

As for the fat, I'm really a size 8, but with such a propensity for falling, I've surrounded it with an extra 3 sizes of fat--and it's really hard for someone my age to find clothes in an 11! And oh, boy, have my belly and its fat got a love affair going!

srp said...

Those low spots in the yard are hard to navigate.... so are mole or vole holes. The weather has been nice for a few days.... then yesterday summer arrived with a bang... no wonder I was so hot up in Williamsburg.