I'm thinking that perhaps my focus should be elsewhere. Last night in choir practice as we were going over our music for Easter Sunday, I was again awed by God's love and His supreme sacrifice for the world and for me. One of the songs we are singing is "I Stand Amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene." We're not singing the melody sung from the hymnal, so I was forced to look at and think about the words on the page. It is a love that we cannot begin to understand, but it is love that I have accepted. It is that love and grace that has sustained me through the hard times that have come my way.
I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!
For me it was in the garden
He prayed: “Not My will, but Thine.”
He had no tears for His own griefs,
But sweat drops of blood for mine.
He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.
When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
9 comments:
Beverly, Thank you for the touching reminder of what Easter is all about. I haven't really read those words in a long time. Its the whole story in a few stanzas. It was a good time out.
Have a blessed Easter.
Sue of photowannabe
Ditto Kenju! Have you ever heard the song Grace Like Rain by Aaron Keyes or the version by Plumbline? Beautiful. Check it out on iTunes.
:)
God's Perfect Peace to you, Beverly!
May you continue in his blessings.
Beautiful words to that song. Just beautiful.
Pretty song and it says a lot and I'm very thankful what He did for us !Will ever be grateful ! Blessings and Happy Easter ! Ron.
I love this song... I love the old songs and not many are used these days. The words are so rich and deep, I am always amazed at the writer's ability to pen words describing how I feel. I would love to hear the melody your choir is using as well.
I'm sorry that didn't work, the pictures. Have you tried posting directly from a blogger post with the little picture symbol? I only use that if nothing else works.
I use the blogger picture post thingy and it always seems to work. Haven't tried the Picasa site.
Blessed Easter, Beverly.
Wishing you the most glorious of Easters, Beverly.
Christ has died,
Christ is risen.
Alleluia!
I love Easter, too. Good Friday never really meant much to me, until about 9 years ago. Now, it's almost as if I hold my breath from Good Friday until Easter morning. And I know He's risen! Imagine His followers. . . .
Post a Comment