Ella's first birthday is this Saturday, August 4. Some of you have been reading my blog ever since before she was born, and so you know the excitement that we all felt at this precious little girl was born. My dear daughter-in-law says that she looks at these photos very wistfully because they were all taken before we knew that Ella had cystic fibrosis.
After the first few days the results of the blood test came in, and the doctor said that the test was positive for possible CF, but that further tests would need to be done. After the diagnosis, treatment was begun right away, and Ella has spent this first year of her life in good health. When I read of little ones who are born so ill with it, I'm very thankful. Ella's parents are very diligent in her care and treatment which is done every day.
I remember when she began smiling whenever she was lying on her changing table, and then one day she laughed out loud. Now she really laughs and has a good time.
She hd her first plane ride to Florida and December, and we had a good time together with Aunt Sarah, Great-Grandpa, and many friends who had been praying for this baby faithfully and still do.
In February, Ella's mom went to a convention in Nashville, and I flew up to take care of her while she was in meetings. We had a good time together. During her first six months of life, I got to be with her four different times. I am so thankful for that opportunity.
Day after tomorrow, Sarah and I are going to drive up to be with her for her first birthday. We can hardly wait. I'll post some more photos tomorrow that will pick up from here to the present.





7 comments:
What a precious little girl! I hope you and Sarah have a wonderful visit with them!!
She is so darling, Beverly. I know she'll have a good birthday with you and Sarah present. Give her a kiss from me, okay?
Give her a birthday hug from me too! I've watched her grow over the course of a year. She's just so beautiful!
xo
I'm in love with that sweet baby Ella! She is so precious.
Safe travels, Beverly, I know you'll have a wonderful trip and visit.
Beverly, have a wonderful time visiting with Ella and give her a special Grandma hug from me.
She is so sweet looking.
Happy First Birthday and blessings on the whole family.
Those are the sweetest baby cheeks. kissy cheeks, I know.
My *baby* is 22 the day after Ella's b-day. Those extra 21 years flew by but I still look at her first birthday with cake photo and feel the twisting up love of those first new days. Happy Birthday, Ella.
Bring back lots of pics, Beverly. Safe journey!
She is such a happy looking baby. I hope she has a wonderful birthday.
Post a Comment