One of my daughter-in-law's co-workers has a couple of daughters a little older than Ella, and they have passed on many lovely outfits for Ella to wear. At the beginning of the month, they gave her a couple of costumes that had been lovingly crafted by a relative. One was a lamb costume; the other, this flower. When my DIL came home with them, I pulled out the lamb hat and put it on Ella, and did she ever look cute!

I went upstairs for a few moments before going out, and while I was up, Sabrina brought Ella upstairs to see me, and there she was, the lovely flower that you see here. Have you ever seen anything so cute?! I don't think so. What a lovely evening for meeting some of the neighbors. How gracious they all were, and of course, everyone oohed and aahed over the ever lovely Ella.
It was so much fun to watch her. The town limits the age of trick or treaters to twelve, and so there were not a lot of big kids in scary costumes. We were so pleased to see that she was not at all frightened of the kids in costumes, and it didn't take her long at all to figure out what was going on. On doorsteps where there was a basket of candy, she carefully picked up one and put it in her basket.
I left on Thursday morning after being in Virginia for a month. I so appreciate the graciousness of my son and his wife in allowing me to live in their house for a whole month. I was able to care for Ella four days a week. Wednesday was my "day off" so that I could run and do whatever I wanted. I even did a little cooking for them while I was there. I stopped on the way home to visit Judy. We met last year when I was on my way to Virginia at a restaurant and had breakfast together. This year I stopped by her house, and she served a lovely lunch. I also got to meet Mr. Kenju, who is recovering from a stroke.
I came on home on Friday. Today I watched Penn State beat Purdue. Yeah! And now, Florida State is playing Boston College in the background as I'm writing this.
My week coming up is filled to overflowing with appointments and responsibilities. I hope to get back to more regular posting and visiting soon.




16 comments:
Ella is absolutely adorable in her costume. I like picture #4 the best.
(and #1 and #2!)
Such a cutie!!!
Isn't it so much fun to go trick or treating with the grandbabies?
i saw your picture on Kenju's site. I was all excited to see you both...
I am glad that you are home safe and sound and filled with wonderful memories!
Ella makes an adorable flower!!!!
xoxo
How absolutely beautiful and adorable Ella looks! I love the town rule about no one over 12. Just out of curiosity, how is that enforced?
We had mainly trick or treaters over that age!
xo
That is one adorable little posy. How could anyone not give her everything in their bowl?....Are you having Ella withdrawls yet?
Ease back into Blogging otherwise it will consume you...
Yeh for Penn State....Poor Purdue doesn't like to loose.
Ella is too precious, I tell you. And, I think it's great that there is the 12 year old cut off.
Ah hem, lady. My husband's university was Purdue. Just sayin'.
Also glad you made it home safely. And I think pic' #4 is my favorite, or it would be if I had to pick one!
Ella is adorable whether she is in the costume - or not. The pics are nicer at this size than they are in the camera....LOL
Take care this week and get some rest after your long trip.
Glad you had a safe trip home,and that you had a good time :)
and yes she is a cute~t~pie !!!!!
take care
and thanks
You were indeed blessed to be with Ella for a whole month. The photos are precious!
Haven't seen anything so cute in a long while The first pic is so sweet but I love the one of her back - walking away with her hand to the side.
Interesting the town limits children to age 12. I agree. In a Fr. Canadian town we lived in Halloween was limited from 4 - 6pm and age 12.
Glad you had such a good visit.
Oh, she is just adorable! I love the flower costume. What a cutie!
I'm sitting here "ohhing and ahhing" myself! I wish she had been one of my trick or treaters...she is just too cute!
Have a great day!
Oh my are these photos ever so sweet. What an adorable little flower she made. How are your plans coming along for relocating to Virginia?
Oh my goodness... little Ella, the flower child, is just too darling!!! How wonderful that you were there to share in her Halloween fun.
Ella in this costume is truly one of the cutest things I've ever seen in my life. What a doll.
Post a Comment