It's early afternoon, but I didn't want to let the day go by without wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving Day. I started to make a list of all the things I'm thankful for, but the list is very long, so I'll forego it right now. Needless to say, I'm thankful for this little girl and for the measure of health that she has had during this first year of her life.
So many Scriptures speak of being thankful. Psalm 100 is a familiar one to most people. I post it here as it is in The Message.
On your feet now --applaud GOD.
Bring a gift of laughter,
sing yourselves
into His presence.
Know that GOD is GOD, and GOD, GOD
He made us, we
didn't make Him.
We're his people, his well-tended sheep.
Enter with
the password: "Thank you."
Make yourselves at home, talking
praise.
Thank Him. Worship Him.
For God is sheer beauty
all
generous in love;
loyal forever and ever.


13 comments:
Great photo, Bev! I know you are so thankful! Hope you are having a nice day!
That is so beautiful (both the picture and the Psalm)! You and your dear granddaughter make a lovely team.
My mother has been reading the Message all year, and really encouraging me to do the same for 08. Normally, I use my faithful NIV, or NKJV, but your post on Psalm 100 makes me very tempted. As my mother as told me, the new translation brings a new freshness to the living Word.
Blessings to you and your family, this day and always.
Beverly, I hope that you and your daughter had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
That is a precious photo of you and Ella both! Thanks for posting it.
What a sweet picture! Def. one of many things/people to be thankful for, Grandma.
Love the pic! Happy Thanksgiving!!
As Thanksgiving 2007 draws to a close, I hope you've had a blessed one!
Beauty post and pic! health is something to be thankful for, to be sure!
Thanks for your visit to Spilling Out from Colleen's! I am a retired elementary school teacher too! (Well, a little early due to health problems of diabetes, heart etc.) I volunteer one morning/week in Gr. 3 reading and I love it. All the rewards with none of the heavy duty work!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, a day late!
What a great photo of you and sweet Ella. I hope your day was peaceful and yummy!
Great photo! Ella's just as cute as ever. I look forward to following her growth for some time to come!
I know you live farther from Ella than you would like, but you get to see her more often and spend much more time with her than we are able to spend with our grandkids. Tucson to Maine does not make for quick, frequent visits!
Ella and you both look beautiful!!!
The Message version of Psalm 100 ROCKS!!!!!!!
Happy belated Thanksgiving Beverly. That's one terrific picture of you and Ella.
Thanks so much for the Message version of Psalms 100. I read it to the family on Thanksgiving Day. I loved the beginning about applauding God. Great thoughts.
Beverly,
Thanks for your comments on Sophie's blog...glad you stopped by! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! Are you friends with Photowannabe?
Deb
Post a Comment