I mentioned last week that I'd be going to help celebrate Ella's second birthday. And celebrate we did. Sarah and I left Friday morning and drove as far as Selma, North Carolina, and then finished driving to David's on Saturday. When we got there, David's grandpa was there. He had been visiting his son over in eastern Virginia and came to David's before coming back to Florida, so it was nice that his visit coincided with Ella's birthday. She calls him Great Pa-pa. He really liked that.
On Saturday Sabrina and David invited friends over for an evening of Midsummer Sweets. She set a lovely table and had lots of goodies. I'll post a photo of that another day. Instead of having a separate birthday cake, she used the carrot cake that was left. Since the soiree wasn't expressly a birthday party, she asked Ella's caregivers to come over on Sunday evening for cake, and they brought their gift for Ella then. These photos were taken then. After the candle was lit, she and her daddy blew it out, and then she didn't want to let go of it.
A proud mama and papa and Ella. Happy birthday to my precious little granddaughter. She has enjoyed a healthy year, and we pray that she continues to be well in this year to come.

13 comments:
What precious pictures. Can't believe she's 2 already.What age are you in the baby picture on your side bar? Happy birthday, Ella.
Yes, she is precious and that is a wonderful photo of the family! How long are you staying there?
Oh, Beverly! I just love the new pictures of your little angel. : )What a beautiful family!
I am joining you in wishing her many happy and HEALTHY birthdays to come...
I'm smiling for you.
xoxo
P.S. I wrote you a message back on my comments page..but, in case you didn't see it...Audrey is 7 weeks old...not 17! Typo on my part!
: O
Love those piggy tails and Happy Birthday to such a sweet little girl. I'm so glad you got to visit her and the whole family again.
so you are a proud grandma, oh how can i tell?????well let me count the ways...123456789
Happy Birthday dear Ella! I am glad she has had a healthy second year of life. That is more important than anything.
She looks so sweet eating her carrot cake. And mom and dad so proud.
Hugs and blessings to you all.
"Look at this big piece of cake! Let's see...if I take off the candle, then...where do I start?!"
Beverly, if I were a portrait artist, I would fly back there and beg for the opportunity to paint that little girl's portrait. Her beautiful little face just begs for it! Happy birthday, Ella!
Oh Beverly she is sooo adorable.. and growing up sooo fast. Already two.. hard to believe.
What a lovely family they are.
Happy Birthday little Ella. :-)
Happy (a bit late) birthday to Cutie Ella.
What a big girl! She is just too cute. And carrot cake, yummmm, my favorite.
ahhhhh...belated Happy Birthday to sweet Ella!
Bev, what a treasure she is!
Post a Comment