Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Colorful -3


In the fall last year I made a visit to the vet's office with my daughter. Sitting on the counter at the office was this pumpkin with the Penn State Nittany Lion painted on it. In looking through some photos today, I came across this and it was a gentle (well, not so gentle) reminder to me that college football is getting ready to start. Yippee!

When my cat was still alive, at a visit to the vet, I mentioned to her that David was a student at Penn State. She stopped examining the cat, looked at me, and told me that she had done her undergraduate work there. The cat's exam was over. She told me about her experiences on campus. She happens to be a native of Florida as David is, and she, like David, wanted to go out of state for university.
Upon visiting campuses elsewhere, she commented that Penn State was the friendliest campus outside of the South that she visited.

Carmi, at Written, Inc., is hosting a colorful theme through today. If you visit his blog, you'll find many others who have taken part.

Let's Go, State!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

That's great. I love painted pumpkins. Lots easier than carving!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking this morning as the dogs and I were out walking... "in two short months it will be Halloween"... how the time flies. This is a wonderful photo of the pumpkin... such a vibrant orange.

kenju said...

Very colorful - and soon to be here again!

Jamie Dawn said...

I love the post about the log cabin! What a wonderful project for them to work on together.

You chose some wonderful, colorful photos!!

Anonymous said...

When I first saw the picture I thought this post was going to be about jack-o-lanterns. ;-)

Go 'Noles!

------}------}--->>>

Putz said...

wwhen i first saw this picture i thought the post was going to be about jack o lanterns

photowannabe said...

Very colorful Beverly. I can see why it caught your eye.
Have a great weekend and I hope the hurricanes stay far away from you. Please be safe.

Z said...

Oh, I AM SO RELIEVED that I shouldn't know what that image on the pumpkin is. I stared and stared and thought "You are SO DUMB!" A college lion. WHEW!! Love the idea of painting pumpkins!

And OH, is that site of written.inc EXCELLENT...some GREAT photos. I sent it to a friend. Thanks, Kiddo!!!

Wendy said...

Colourful pumpkin! We'll soon be seeing them carved on the front porch steps!
Hope the hurricane stays far away from you!

Putz said...

go utah, beat michagan in michigan...not about jac o lantrins at all...all about 1050 teams in college football

Anonymous said...

You really know the soul of man fantastic photo.I want you all the best
steven

KGMom said...

Wooo hooo a PSU pumpkin!
We still get our tickets, but have decided to sell them to one of my husband's co-workers. Our watching will be through the TV!
That's a change--after going to PSU games for 30 years. We just plain got tired of the traffic, and hassle getting out of the parking lot. Sad, huh. But we are happy with our decision.