This field of 4,000 stars represents the more than 400,000 lives that were lost during the war.
Two of the many veterans who were visiting the memorial were gracious to talk to me and let me take their photo.
We were all in the war. Our parents and our brothers and sisters all did their part for the troops who fought so valiantly.

4 comments:
Beverly, this is a beautiful post. I remember having many of these same feelings when I first saw this memorial, immediately following my father-in-law's interment at Arlington. I felt the connection with my father, my father-in-law, my uncles. It was very powerful. Thank you for these moving words and powerful photographs.
I remember being at Pearl Harbor on the day that the movie was opening, in 2001. There were a few veterans there that day, being interviewed by news people, and we watched them giving their answers. It was surreal being there then.
Hi Beverly, We have a War Memorial in Bristol. I love to go there and walk around. I remember when World WarII ended. I was seven. Your picture are very interesting. I have seen all of that in Washington, but it has been several years.
Just as good today!
Post a Comment