Lacoochee--a small town in central Florida near the Withlacoochee River.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Floral - Carmi's theme - 2
But a weed is simply a plant that wants to grow where people want something else. In blaming nature, people mistake the culprit. Weeds are people's idea, not nature's.-
Bravo, bravo!!!! Long live the dandelion. I love seeing them dotted on lawns like a cheerful reminder of spring and life. I love weeds, which are really wildflowers.
I agree wholeheartedly with Ginny. I love it when the dandelions dot the lawns. They are so cheerful and pretty. Hmmm, I wonder just who that sweet, adorable little girl is???
What a sweet site, Beverly! Thank you coming by my site and for your warm comments, regarding my Easter video. I am emailing you (here) regarding your lovely request.
Although I don't think any words could be as precious as the little girl in your photo - this poem seemed appropriate!
"The dandelion's pallid tube Astonishes the Grass, And Winter instantly becomes An infinite Alas --
The tube uplifts a signal bud And then a shouting flower, -- The proclamation of the suns That sepulture is o'er" (Emily Dickinson)
I've been out of internet communication for a couple of weeks due to nasty computer troubles, but I just had a look back at your posts to see what I had missed, and I am struck by how much your little Ella looks like her daddy when he was a littl'un! Incredible resemblance. :-)
We have some awfully pretty weeds in Tucson. African daisies, for instance, that grow pretty much wherever the seeds land. Don't require a lot of water. They typically bloom in February and last into March. Some years, we get a bumper crop in different yards and swales throughout the neighborhood; those areas look like yellow and orange carpets.
Then there are the Mexican primroses. We have one of those plants in our yard, this year, that is bigger and more productive than any we've seen, and the flowers are so delicate looking!
Stephen is here and having his usual homeowner feelings... the dandelions have sprung up and he has been walking around plucking each plant out by the root! Since dandelions are low on my priority list... I reckon this is a good thing... funny to watch.. but good. (His yard guy sprays each one as he mows anyway.)
Now my daffodils, planted very late, are coming into their own!
17 comments:
how true. I wonder who is this little girl? :-)
A sweet photo. I think dandelions are pretty, and we should begin to cultivate them instead of digging them out!
Perfect shot for floral and what little kid hasn't picked the dandilion bouquet for her Mom?
Oh, but they are so satisfying to pull out.
Bravo, bravo!!!! Long live the dandelion. I love seeing them dotted on lawns like a cheerful reminder of spring and life. I love weeds, which are really wildflowers.
I agree wholeheartedly with Ginny. I love it when the dandelions dot the lawns. They are so cheerful and pretty.
Hmmm, I wonder just who that sweet, adorable little girl is???
You're so true!
Forehead Stamp
What a sweet site, Beverly!
Thank you coming by my site and for your warm comments, regarding my Easter video. I am emailing you (here) regarding your lovely request.
Although I don't think any words could be as precious as the little girl in your photo - this poem seemed appropriate!
"The dandelion's pallid tube
Astonishes the Grass,
And Winter instantly becomes
An infinite Alas --
The tube uplifts a signal bud
And then a shouting flower, --
The proclamation of the suns
That sepulture is o'er"
(Emily Dickinson)
I see pretty, yellow flowers, and so does Ella.
Weeds?
I think not.
:-)
Oh, I love this picture. Yep, that's a flower to me, right Ella?
I've been out of internet communication for a couple of weeks due to nasty computer troubles, but I just had a look back at your posts to see what I had missed, and I am struck by how much your little Ella looks like her daddy when he was a littl'un! Incredible resemblance. :-)
We have some awfully pretty weeds in Tucson. African daisies, for instance, that grow pretty much wherever the seeds land. Don't require a lot of water. They typically bloom in February and last into March. Some years, we get a bumper crop in different yards and swales throughout the neighborhood; those areas look like yellow and orange carpets.
Then there are the Mexican primroses. We have one of those plants in our yard, this year, that is bigger and more productive than any we've seen, and the flowers are so delicate looking!
through the eyes of a child, the weeds are beautiful. how many times have I had a child give me a pretty flower? not enough times yet...
A teacher presented that explanation years ago to our class - it was a revelation to think about.
Stephen is here and having his usual homeowner feelings... the dandelions have sprung up and he has been walking around plucking each plant out by the root! Since dandelions are low on my priority list... I reckon this is a good thing... funny to watch.. but good. (His yard guy sprays each one as he mows anyway.)
Now my daffodils, planted very late, are coming into their own!
Is there anything more lovely than a field of dandelions... I don't think so. Just as long as they stay in the field. :-)
I can't get my fill of Ella pictures....even without that gorgeous smile, she's lovely! SO sweet, Beverly..thanks so much.xx
Post a Comment