During my visit with Ella in February, we were reading her little Highlights magazine, and there was a story about marbles in it. I told her that on a future trip, I would bring some marbles, and we would play some games. She went right upstairs, opened the closet door, and brought out a bag of marbles. Since we were upstairs, I told her, we would play with them on the bed. That way they wouldn't roll too far away. Even with that precaution, some of them ended up on the floor, rolling away.
When I told Ella's mom we were playing with them, and I was afraid that they might be some kind of keepsake, she said they were left over from some craft project that she had done, and she had no idea that Ella even knew where they were. I'll tell you, there is not much that the girl misses.
Carmi's photographic theme this week is "round," and I figured I better get this post up before time runs out. Visit his site for more photos of "round."

12 comments:
just saw the shot of her with her dad and mom, she has grown some much, she is very cute!
What a smart little girl! Knowing exactly where the marbles were.
I haven't thought about marbles in years. My brothers used to play all the time. I would join in when they let me, but most of the time (o.k all the time) I lost.
I never knew how to play marbles...
My mom has a set she says is like the one she had as a girl. She loved to play marbles... I never learned how to play marbles. Beautiful marbles.
I remember watching the boys play marbles as a child, but I don't think I ever learned how. Ella is one smart cookie!
I love marbles.. probably as they bring back so many memories from my own childhood days. Do kids still play with marbles today as much as they did way back when?
Love your photo.. a wonderful collection of catseyes and aggies. :-)
How wonderful that Ella new where to find the marbles. She is one smart little cookie. :-)
They're beautiful marbles. It's no wonder Ella remembered just where they were. As you say, she doesn't miss much.
(my kids and grandkids always loved Highlights mag :)
xo
It doesn't get any rounder than that! Those marbles are perfect for this "round."
:-)
Marbles are pretty. No wonder Ella had their "secret" location tucked away in her little brain. I'm so glad you enjoyed playing marbles with her.
I played marbles at school, and in the gutter on the way home.... there was always a big colorful one called an "alley". You could lose your alley to another player so you only fielded your best alley if you were really confident of your marble skills.
The marbles are lovely--but where is that lovely little granddaughter of yours???!!!
that's as ROUND as it gets! And what colors and striations...I miss marbles, haven't seen any in ages.
Beautiful shot..
going to Carmi's to enjoy the photos as I always do when I visit. I don't get there (or here) enough...have I lost my MARBLES?
oh, never mind!! HEH!!
I love marbles! Something about them makes me want to put them in my mouth...as if they were candy.
Post a Comment