Monday, July 13, 2009

Muddy Monday

Mud is very nice to feel
All squishy squashy between the toes!
I'd rather wade in wiggley mud
Than smell a yellow rose.
Nobody else but the rosebush knows
How nice mud feels between the toes.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I LOVE the expression on her face in the one with her hands held like she is praying. PRICELESS! I always loved wading in puddles when I was growing up, even though I always got sand worms in my feet and had to go to the doctor. Mus is wonderful to a child and this child is wonderful.

photowannabe said...

Too cute Bev. Its so much fun when its ok to get messy. Love Ella's hair back like that.
The word verification is ..." flabism"
I think thats what I suffer from....

Wendy said...

Oh, glorious mud! And those carefree days when we used to make mudpuddles!
Little Ella is adorable. And having fun - exactly what children are supposed to do.
I agree - that expression on her face is priceless!

srp said...

Oh, that second picture on the top right.. she has such intensity, she's so focused on the feeling of the mud. Mud is so much fun. I remember making mud pies in Roanoke when I was about six years old... down by the carport. I put them in the old metal play pans and let them dry in the sun. Memories... Ella made some here.

Putz said...

oh my gosh...will this ever end...you say what ever end?????and i say the out of the world pictures of ellla....i have a picture of my little karen in a smalll child swim pool with very little water in las veagas back yard 43 years ago...want to see it?????

Beverly said...

oh, my. How long was she like that? She is so cute...

L. said...

I love these pictures....such delight and concentration!

I look the same way when I get into my clay... : O

xoxo

srp said...

Daisy has discovered mud... well, she has been walking in the wet area around the air conditioner condensation pipe and then in the black topsoil they put down around the patio. The two together make for muddy paws. If she were a cat, she would immediately start scrubbing them with her tongue... but, alas, the one fault of dogs... they do not seem to mind mud.

kenju said...

I think she gets more darling in every photo!!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Kids and mud just seem to go together naturally, don't they?

Z said...

did you write the mud poem?

Ella is AMAZING..I never tire of looking at her and I'm so glad you don't seem to, either! xxx

jel said...

that looks like fun :)

Shammickite said...

Mud pies...MMMmmmm!

Joy Des Jardins said...

My sentiments exactly....how adorable. Mud and kids....what a fit.

Anonymous said...

What a delight!! Reminds me of similar photos I took many many years ago as I ran the bath tub. :-)