Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Meet Nathaniel



Many years ago I collected "All God's Children's" figurines. I bought several figurines which I dearly love, and then a nativity series was produced. During the month before Christmas, I'm going to introduce you to the different characters that I've collected. Nathaniel is the first of the characters I'd like for you to meet. As you can see, he is the little drummer boy. His drum is a pan. This is what Miss Martha, his creator has to say about him.

"Clink, clank and clunk... the metallic sounds bounce off the walls in Nathaniel's home. The clatter brings his mother from the sewing room asking, "Nathaniel, what are you doing with all those pans?" As he taps on each of the overturned pans, he says, "I'm the drummer boy for Jesus." With a smile of success he finally looks up and adds, "This is the one!" A hush falls over the kitchen as his gentle taps echo a peaceful rum-pa-pa-pum which beckons the heart to return, once again, to a time very long ago in Bethlehem. "



Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

kenju said...

I like the little figurine, Bev. I have a collection of "gnomes" by Tom Clark, and I guess I need to show them on the blog. Maybe next year...
LOL

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the little drummer boy is one of my most favorite songs and your little drummer is precious. I like the story, clink clank clink, that means thanks for sharing.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What an offbeat and origional idea for blog posts this month. I look forward to seeing the rest of the figurines. I used to collect the Charming Tales figurines (little mice). They are very cute and I still have some.

jel said...

at first i thought it was a real boy! then i read one :)

i love that song !

photowannabe said...

I really love your theme Bev. Looking forward to seeing the whole collection.

Wendy said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to meet your other figurines! This one is so cute. And Little Drummer Boy is my favourite Christmas carol. I didn't learn it until I got to grade school.

Anonymous said...

"The little drummer boy" has always been one of my favourites.

Shammickite said...

Our chorus is singing The Little Drummer Boy in our Christmas Variety Show on Dec 16th. I don't think the men will ever get those "prum prum" drumbeats right!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Hello Nathaniel...he's beautiful Bev. I love 'The Little Drummer Boy'...always have. I collect snowmen....and Santas...but really mostly snowmen. Happy Holidays sweetie. Love, Joy