Friday, May 14, 2010

A Very Merry Unbirthday

Today is my last day in Virginia until August.  Some time last year before Ella's third birthday, she and her mother were in a restaurant where someone was celebrating a birthday.  She wanted to have one too, so they stopped at the dollar store, bought some birthday hats and balloons, and then proceded to the store for a cake and candles.

When her birthday actually arrived, she was ready.  Tonight after dinner, we had another unbirthday party.  What fun it was  to watch her.  She was a little concerned that there were no hats, but as you can see, she handled it quite well.

I asked her mom if there had been other unbirthday parties during the year.  "Oh, yes," was the reply.

When you are three, who is counting?

10 comments:

KGMom said...

My, oh my, Beverly. She is growing up.
And such a mischievous sweetie she is!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, these are wonderful pictures! What a nice surprise! And what a great idea! I've been meaning to start having some real tea parties with her, I think I'll buy a few more things for them. The weather is to be lovely Saturday and Sunday for your trip home. I hate to see you go. Next time we get Papa John's, and eat at a quieter place. Stay safe, Bev.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I agree with Ginny, what a great idea, the photos are oh so cute. she is changing almost daily isn't she? a true little doll baby.

podso said...

How cute, Bev. Remember Alice and Wonderland, "A very merry unbirthday to us, to us ..."

kenju said...

She's so cute!! I think an unbirthday party is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie-patootie. :-) Happy UnBirthday sweet Ella.

Granny Annie said...

I believe I am going to adopt this celebration for my youngest grandchild. Just wish someone had mentioned it to me before with the other seven. What a neat idea.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Cute, cute, cute....we should ALL have a very merry unbirthday from time to time. ~Joy

photowannabe said...

Such cute pictures of Ella. I can hear her giggle in them. I love the idea of an unbirthday.

srp said...

How funny! And now I try to forget about the only one I have each year.... yes, time goes sooooo slow when you are a child... but so fast now.