Friday, September 15, 2006

Attention, attention!

I have a birthday coming up...Tuesday, the 19th. And I noticed that my first blog entry was September 20.

This is one of those milestone birthdays. I'm now a card-carrying senior citizen. I used my Medicare card for the first time at the dermatologist's office this month, and it will be used a couple of times in the next week.

My daughter doesn't blog, so I may have to do my own tribute...pictures and all that stuff. I'll work on it this weekend while I should be getting ready for my trip to Virginia. I'm going to leave on the 23rd, stopping by a Lacoochee reunion, visiting a friend in north Georgia for a few days, and then going on to Waynesboro where I'll be for the month of October. During the month of October I'll be taking care of granddaughter Ella since Mom is going back to work October 2.

I read this comic strip this morning and thought it fit the occasion nicely (or not.)


Does the period go inside our outside the parenthesis? Judy, can you answer that one for me? By the way, Judy has some funny cartoons on her site today.

And in honor of getting older, I leave you with the comment I found on Hoss's blog by Bonnie..."Overheard at the Incontinence helpline--Can you hold?"

9 comments:

srp said...

EVERYONE seems to be having a birthday!!!! Oh yes, that's as it should be I guess, January is the COLDEST month of the year so a lot of extra snuggling goes on. ;)

Love the comic strip. It reminds me of my mom's adventures with her hearing aid. I'll have to pass that little funny along to her.

Have a great trip!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly

You have a very full schedule coming up!

I know what you mean about birthdays...in our family September is the worse there are like 5 of us that have birthdays.

Babette said...

Hoss brings out the worst in me! Off to visit Judy. Have a wonderful trip, Beverly!

TJ said...

loved the tune!!!
:-D

Susie said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday!
I know you're going to love caring for little Ella!
:-)

Karen Townsend said...

Happy, happy birthday! Happy blogging birthday! You are a travelling woman. How wonderful for you that you get to be with Ella for the month of October. How wonderful for Ella.
Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Hoping this forthcoming birthday is the best ever. I am looking forward to the tribute and the pictures. The best part about being our age is that it is A-OK to blow our own horn.. so blow loud.. and blow long :-)

Love the comic! :-)

Tommy said...

Like a fine wine or cheese, you just get better with age! (The period goes after the parentheis, I think).

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Mine is the 20th, and I'm not many years behind you.

Love the cartoon, but I was especially glad not to have a mouthful of anything when I read your ending quote!

Tom's right: The period goes after the parentheses (except when the period belongs to a complete sentence that is enclosed in the parentheses).