I was tagged by Karen at Pondering Penguin to do this meme. Since it's the ABC's, I think it will not be too hard and sort of fun, so here goes.
ABCs of the Lacoochee Kid
A: Attached or Single?: I was attached to Don for just shy of 29 years before his death.
B: Best Friend: That would be my friend Peg, who now lives in the Chicago area.
C: Cake or Pie? That's a hard one. Though I rarely eat it because of its his sugar content, I'd have to say pecan pie. I didn't taste it until I was around 20, and then I wished I never had. It was SO-O-O delicious.
D: Drink of Choice? Since I'm from the South, I should say "sweet tea," but again because of the sugar, I drink it with Sp*nda or whatever, or DIET COKE. I'm a tee-totaler, which some of my friends find amusing.
E: Essential Item: Books, and these days, my computer.
F: Favorite Color: Blue--When we built our house, someone told me, "My dear, people don't decorate with blue." Well, guess what. I did. And I still love it.
G: Gummi Bears or Worms: No, thank you. I like chocolate. If I'm going to have something sweet, I want to really love it.
H: Hometown: Lacoochee, Florida, hence, the title of my blog. However, my parents moved to Bradenton when I was four, so I think I really should claim Bradenton. We are the spring training home of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Woo-hoo! Also home of Tropicana Orange Juice.
I: Indulgence: Moose Tracks Ice Cream from P*blix.
J: January or February? January - My daughter's birthday is in January. She was born on the 20th. It was 26 degrees the morning that we went to the hospital to have her...yes, in Florida.
K: Kids: 2, 1 wonderful daughter, Sarah, and 1 incredible son, David, who just happens to be the father of Ella. (You've read about her, right?)
L: Life is incomplete without: my wonderful church family.
M: Marriage Date: May 12, 1973.
N: Number of Siblings: -- 0 --O: My dear mother gave birth to a son who was stillborn four years before I was born. She gave birth to a little girl, who was born too early at six months and did not survive.
O: Oranges or Apples? Since I live in Florida, I should say oranges, but I think I'm really partial to apples, either in a pie or crisp.
P: Phobias/Fears? Balloons. When I was four, my parents took me to the circus in Sarasota and bought me a big balloon. They owned a restaurant, and one day while I was there, the balloon burst behind me. I was hysterical. I almost get sick to my stomach today when I get too close to one.
Q; Favorite Quote: Hebrews 13:5 God has said, "Never will I leave you: never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper: I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
R: Reasons to Smile: Sarah, David, Sabrina, ELLA, fairly good health, I can still see despite some hemorrhages in my right eye.
S: Season? Fall, because it signals the end of the long, hot summer.
T: Tags: Anyone who reads this far who might like to do this. Most of the people I know have been tagged.
U: Unknown fact about me: I had never had a date until I met Don.
V: Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals: Definitely a meat eater.
W: Worst Habit? Nail biting. I'm sure there are those who could come up with something else.
X: X-rays or Ultrasound. Ultrasound, I guess. The doc can find out what's wrong with you without going in. No harmful rays. Ultrasound was not quite common when I was pregnant, so I didn't get that opportunity.
Y: Your Favorite Foods: My mother's fried chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, Mexican.
Z: Zodiac? Virgo, although I know none of the characteristics. I've never paid attention to the signs, and who is compatible with whom.
So there.
7 comments:
My son is a Virgo, too. He was born on Sept 2, so he's my Labor Day baby. Also born on my college roommate's birthday. Wierd, I know.
I don't have a link to the newspaper story. I read it the old fashioned way, in the real, paper, newspaper! I'm sure it's online, though.
Also, as a little guy, my son was afraid of balloons, too.
My wedding date.... May 21, 1974. In 2004, which would have been the 30th, I had to attend a graduation dinner with Nyssa's dad whom I had not really seen for over seven years. That was awkward.
January babies rule! ;)
PS: Now I know why you chose the blue... blues and greens are quite soothing to the eye... so is purple Karen.
I enjoyed reading about you, Beverly, and filling in the gaps I didn't learn when we met. May 12th was my mom's birthday.
I KNOW we could have some fun, eating Mexican and going to ball games. I bite my nails during the last innings too!
This was just great Beverly!
Thanks for sharing.
I have two January babies, and one was born on a very cold day (yes in CA!)
Loved reading your meme..
:)
Love the new blue look. :-)
Post a Comment