Saturday, May 26, 2007

Tucker's diagnosis

After I had posted an update about Tucker the other day, Sarah had a call from the vet, and the tests that they did on the mass show that he does indeed have cancer. The vet felt that she had gotten most of the mass during the surgery, but she's going to talk to an oncologist.

He's recovering very well. He really was laid open. His stitches in a very large Y-shape. He has a collar around his neck, of course, to keep from biting at the stitches, and he seems reconciled to it. Just a few more days and the stitches will be out, then I think he'll feel like a new cat again. Hopefully this surgery has given him many more days.

Below is another good post from Steve Goodier.

JOY IN THE MORNING

Does this sound familiar? James was cleaning out the attic one day when he came across a ticket from a shoe repair shop. The date stamped on the ticket showed it was over eleven years old. He felt sure the shoes would not still be there, but decided to stop by anyway and check.

He handed the ticket to the man behind the counter, who didn't seem to be surprised at the date. "Just a minute," said the clerk. " I'll have to look for these." He disappeared into a back room. After a few minutes, the clerk called out, "Here they are!"

"That's terrific!" said James, hardly believing his good fortune.The man came back to the counter, empty-handed. "They'll be ready Thursday," he said.

We should all be masters of patience; after all, we've had plenty of practice. But waiting for shoes is one thing, waiting to heal from a hurt or waiting for a persistent problem to change can be far more difficult. James Melvin Washington shared some wisdom about the importance of patience in those tough times of life. He said, "My grandmother used to tell me that every loss is temporary, that every rainy day is temporary, that every hardship is temporary. She used to tell me, 'Son, every goodbye ain't gone. Just hold on - there's joy coming in the morning.'

"Are you holding on? It may seem dark now, but morning is coming.-- Steve Goodier

To me, that's a good thought to hold onto. (Sorry, Judy, about the preposition at the end of the sentence. :-)

12 comments:

Susie said...

Tucker looks like such a sweet boy.
Praying that he has happy and comfortable days during the rest of his journey..
hugs!

Anonymous said...

So sad...I just don't know what I would do in this situation...

isa said...

Thanks for the update on Tucker.
The animals are surprising resilient - I'm sure he'll bounce back in time...Plus, they live for today and do not worry about the future ;-)

Karen Townsend said...

Wishing for a speedy and successful recovery for Tucker. Maybe he'll be able to use some of his other lives, as they have 9!

photowannabe said...

Sorry the update wasn't better news but as karen says, perhaps Tucker will use another of his 9 lives and enjoy life a while longer.
Loved the story by Steve Goodier. Joy does come in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Bruce and I have lost seven doggies and one cat, in the past 15 years. Only an animal-loving God could have made them so special, which gives me hope that they will be among those who greet us in heaven.

If they aren't there. . . .

Babette said...

JOY IN THE MORNING is a wonderful book by Betty Smith, as well!

May Tucker see many more happy days!

Anonymous said...

I frequently end sentences with prepositions, much to my daughter's dismay. I hope Tucker pops back quickly. Keep in mind he has more lives than you so I'm thinking he'll keep on ticking for quite a while, in good company.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that the diagnosis is one of cancer.. but I am relieved that the surgery was a success and that Tucker is doing so well.

I loved the story on patience. To tell the turth.. it was rather timely as I have to work on mine. :-)

AC said...

One of my two jokes (that I can remember all the way through) deals with a sentence-ending preposition but I'd better not tell it. Its old, anyway, and you've probably heard it.

Best wishes for Tucker. I know how important he is to Sarah.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly

Hopefully Tucker will continue to do well and that the surgery he had was a complete success. We will keep him in our purrayers.

srp said...

I have been out of pocket for almost two weeks it seems. Have been tied up looking at houses for my brother... and getting ready for a trip and my mom's knee surgery. We went to Indiana this time for another 50th anniversary and just got back last night.

I am so sorry to hear about Tucker's diagnosis. Hopefully it is something that can be treated easily. Our Max has been on chemo for a year and a few months now. He has some other problems right now but his lymphoma is doing well.

Best wishes for your daughter and Tucker.