After we came down from atop the John Hancock Tower, my friend said to me, "We can walk back to the hotel." I was not at all sure that would work, but we took it easy as we walked along Michigan Avenue. There is always something interesting to look at. I'm not much of a shopper, so the stores did not beckon to me. However, all along the way there were interesting plantings and every so often there were these dresses.
I thought of Kenju when I saw these creations. She is florist extraordinaire, you know. I was glad for a chance to stop and take a look and then snap a photo. It rested my feet and legs a bit.
Several years ago, when I started going to Chicago for conferences, there was always something to grab your attention. The first one that I remember was "Cows on Parade." There were cows everywhere, beautifully decorated according to the taste of the artist. Many cities began to do something similar. Cincinnati had "Pigs on Parade." Even our city here has geckos here and there on buildings to which artists have added their touch. Since we're Manatee County, I always thought we should have manatees, but nobody asked me. We do have lots of geckos around.
I have a few more photos to post of Chicago, then I'll be going on to a much more important date...Ella's first birthday. Can you believe that baby will be a year old next Saturday, August 4!!! I just got some new photos of her that are so cute! I know you can hardly wait. LOL.




4 comments:
Beverly, thanks for the mention, and I am happy to know that you thought of me while you were there. I love those flower dresses!!
Raleigh had wolves on parade about 5 years ago. They were interesting, but I always thought some other animal would be more fun!
I am looking forward to seeing Ella!
Those are hilarious, Beverly. I especially like the second photo. Did you hear what the purpose was or were they just to get attention for the city? People do come up with some unusual ideas sometimes, don't they? :)
I love those dresses. Houston was into the cows on parade thing. It was fun, too.
Baby Ella is almost one already. Wow. She's such a cutie. I know you'll have a wonderful visit.
Those dresses are just the neatest displays. Here in Winnipeg we have our Bears on Broadway that are hand painted by many of our local artists.
Post a Comment