Ella's aunt Sarah sent her this Pooh dress when I went up to visit, so Ella's mom dressed her in it for church on Sunday. After church we drove over to Staunton to the Five Guys diner for cheeseburgers and fries. Definitely not a low fat meal, but it really was good.
Ella is at the age that everything goes in her mouth. This straw entertained her for quite a while there at the diner. She's not quite into fries yet. However, I read about one mom of a CFer who buys her son fries at McDonald's and pours extra salt on them. David and Sabrina were told by the doctor that a high fat, high salt diet will be a part of Ella's regimen. They've worked so hard at not including those things in their diet, and now they will have to rethink everything when it comes to Ella's diet.
She did get a taste of chocolate ice cream during the week while I was there. And guess what! She liked it. Surprise, surprise.



8 comments:
Cute pooh dress and cute Miss Ella.
I don't know much about CF at all, but the high fat, high salt diet is quite interesting. (Quite the opposite of what is usually thought to be a "good diet")
Happy 4th!
xo
Patriot fries?
I'm happy that she enjoys church and ice cream, Beverly!
I absolutely remember the first time Jenny tasted chocolate and the look of wonder and bliss that appeared.
Love that little face of Ella's.
Precious baby Ella. Winnie the Pooh is my all time favorite from childhood and I passed it along to my son's childhood.
The diet is interesting. I didn't know that. And, chocolate, well I crave a piece every day! Even if it's just a bite or two.
I sure didn't know that about CF diets. Sounds like heaven to me (that part only). Ella is a vision in pink and the photo with the straw in her mouth is just precious!
I'm delighted to see that Ella knows how a plastic straw is to be treated. She's a pretty good masher, she is!
We helped celebrate my mom's 90th birthday, yesterday. My sister gave her an "edible arrangment" of chocolate covered strawberries. Oh, my goodness, were they good!
I just can't get over how utterly precious your granddaughter is. That face, those eyes, would melt the heart of concrete!
She is go cute!
Oh Beverly ... she is so very beautiful. :-)
Post a Comment