Walking around the streets of Chicago, I frequently saw these in the sidewalk. I assume that they are fire hydrants, but I don't know for sure, and I didn't see anyone to ask. This photo looks like it's begging for a caption, so I'm going to steal a line from Carmi, "Caption this." I have a couple of ideas of my own, but I'll wait and see what you come up with.
An free and easy way to get around Chicago is to ride the free trolley. A couple of blocks from the hotel, we boarded the red trolley which took us up Michigan Avenue and then to the transfer spot for the green trolley which took us to the museum area of the city. We took it as far as the Shedd Aquarium, got off, enjoyed our visit, and then boarded again to return to our transfer spot. This young man kept us all in order. The pylons were marked with the color of the desired trolley, and he made sure that everyone was in line according to when he had arrived.
It was a beautiful, cool, sunny day when we rode the trolley, so the side flaps were up, and we enjoyed the breeze as it wafted through the car. Everyone was in a good mood, looking forward to a day of sightseeing.
On the way back to the hotel, we once again rode the green trolley to our transfer spot. As we passed by the Art Institute, I thought of Aslan as I saw this lion. He looked a little braver than Vicki's lion at the zoo. I had mentioned in an earlier post that I expected to see Vicki and visit the zoo, but alas, she is a very busy lady, and our schedules didn't quite mesh. As much as I wanted to visit with her, I knew that she was pressed for time. If you go to her blog, you'll see that she was visiting with her dear Bud for much of the week when I was in the Windy City.
When we got back on the red trolley, we rode until we got to the John Hancock Tower where we had lunch and then went to the top. We tried to get reservations to eat on the 94th floor, but they didn't have any...so we ate at the Che*secake Factory and then went to the top. Come back next time for some wonderful views of Chicago.





6 comments:
Very nice. Too bad you couldn't work out a time with Vicki.
Next time.
I can forgive Vicki, since she was with Bud....LOL
Look forward to the photos!
Next time I hope you can visit the Art Institute. Its fascinating and well worth the admission fee.
The free trolley is so great, we used it to get to Navy Pier. Free is always good.
Nice pictures Bev.
Morning Beverly,
Good to see you are back and glad you enjoyed your trip . Thanks for the pictures at least we can view some of the scenery ?
Blessings.
Ron.
Have you had any attempts to caption the top picture?
Well, I was thoroughly bummed to miss you while you were here and I have loved going over these photos. The John Hancock ones remind me to tell you that one of the docents at the zoo is 87 and she recently did the John Hancock annual walk- up all 95 flights of stairs and down again. She's also the Senior Olympics Speed Walking Champion. Zoo docents are tough old birds.
It's true- between Bud and surgery I've been busy busy- and leaving my purse at a restaurant the night before you came didn't help. But I'm so glad you had good weather and a good visit. Enjoy Ella's birthday party to the max.
Post a Comment