I was out one evening after church with some friends at a local frozen custard place. Out back is a patio which has open latticework around it. Since I've learned to always have my camera with me, I couldn't resist this lizard. Florida is full of them. When my son was at Pe*n State, the first year he called to ask if some of his friends could come over spring break and sleep here while they went around the area. I was happy to have them. One morning when they walked outside, they were thrilled with sunshine and amazed at all the lizards. I was amused.
For a long time there was a chameleon who lived on my front porch. My mailbox is on the wall, and he stayed behind it much of the time. However, if I went out at night and turned on the porch light, he would be out, looking for food. What always interested me was that with the white walls, he was almost transparent. You could see his insides as he was on the wall. I haven't seen him in a long time.
We had a cat for eighteen years. When we caged in our pool, it became a playpen for the cat. She loved to be out by the pool, and she loved to chase lizards. One day, in a chase, however, the lizard caught her, latched on to her paw, and when we looked out, we saw our cat shaking her paw, trying to free herself of the lizard.
Carmi's theme this week is angles; last week was nature, so I've combined the two. To see more angles, visit his site.

15 comments:
Very nice shot! The combination of lines and curves is appealing. And who doesn't love a good lizard?
Beverly, that is a great shot. The angles of the fence opening and the body of the lizard are very nice. We have quite a few lizards around here, too, but my cats don't chase them (that I've ever seen).
Good pic. I don't usually look at angles and curves - I guess it takes a bit of practice or learning to photograph like a true artist.
Thanks for posting this. I'm learning so much from blogging.
Having grown up in S. Florida....I know lizards! : )
What a fabulous shot!!
xoxo
our cat is always on the couch using his paws to dig deep into the arm rest, occasionsally he gets his paws stuck and panics trying to not hurt his self...he tries to be so tuff but he is such a scartdy cat and really needs us
Got a smile from the cat/lizard chase.
Great picture, Beverly. You definitely have an eye for taking pictures. I always enjoy seeing what you are up too. We have a lot of lizards around here also. My cat has been catching frogs lately and playing with them. I hope you are having a great week. Blessings.
You are so right about being inundated with lizards and how they keep the cats mesmerzied.
This photo is a great capture. Love the kitty-lizard story. It had me smile.
Our house is visited daily and each night by gekkos. One likes to come walk up and down my kitchen window at night. Another likes to visit the glass panels on the sides of the front door. Up and down.
Yikes!!! I jumped when this picture scrolled by!!!
Was the cat ok???
Great artsy angle and shot of this little guy.
We have quite a few lizards around here too. I don't mind them but I really didn't like the one that got into our house and I had a hek of a time catching him and putting him back outside. Not my favorite experience...
So many fanastic angles...great shot, Bev!
We lived in Windermere, FLA on the Baker Chain of Lakes for a while..coming from a condo in LA, hearing critters all the time was unnerving at first. I'd get up and go into the kitchen and see lizards of chameleons on the screen in the door and practically SCREAM! I'd walk out the door and it seemed like the whole area under the large dry leaves would skitter and gyrate from so many critters running to escape the GIANT'S FOOTSTEPS! WHat a sound they made under the leaves. I was horrified........then got used to it! I loved the sound of the skittering and the lizards on the door.........who knew?
I love the hardness of the lattice against the soft lizard body...so nice!!
Angles and nature: good combination, Beverly!
who doesn't have a little lizard love? the angles make a perfect frame for him.
Post a Comment