Friday, September 12, 2008

Thematic Photographic - Closeup

Seeing Carmi's post of his daughter tonight reminded me of this photo of my granddaughter. She is very intently watching a program on TV, probably Dora, while her parents are doing her chest percussions. This therapy is a daily routine, morning and night, which is done to keep mucus loosened up in the lungs and airways...all a part of living with cystic fibrosis. This photo was taken in June when the family came to Florida.
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

JeanMac said...

What a picture - just accepting her treatment! She is so precious.

Anonymous said...

She is such a sweetheart. Looking at her photos I sometimes forget that she is living daily with CF. Courage has many faces.

photowannabe said...

Love the concentration in this shot. I'm sure Dora helps her through her therapy.

podso said...

It's nice she can be a bit distracted, I'm sure she feels her parents' love for her through those faithful pounding hands.

Wendy said...

She is a little sweetie! And Dora is a good "babysitter" while Ella takes her treatments. I too often forget that she is living with CF. She looks so well and happy.

Froggymama said...

Adorable. And Froggy loves watching Dora while doing treatment too!

Amy said...

Beverly, great picture. She is so sweet. Blessings.

Shammickite said...

What a sweet little sausage!

Putz said...

there she is...again....miss america...sweet lttle sausage she is....pray for galviston i guess...it sounds bad

Putz said...

there she is...again....miss america...sweet lttle sausage she is....pray for galviston i guess...it sounds bad

Susie said...

She is so focused! Love those sweet little round cheeks!
xo

Anonymous said...

Oh what a doll!
I've done some therapy on children with cystic fibrosis, as a physical therapist. I hope your granddaughter is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Beverly, have I ever mentioned what a little beauty Ella is? And she's so photogenic!

I'm eating my heart out....

srp said...

What a lovely little face... perfect for Carmi's theme.

I have been brain dead for some time. It seams that one thing just comes on with another. My dad has some outpatient surgery on Thursday and I had to deal with one doc trying to stop his Coumadin longer before surgery than I thought appropriate. His cardiologist agreed. My brother has been here for a week.... drumming up some new projects. And my child is immersed in her graduate studies... oh yes... and CHASING HURRICANES! A professor with a project requiring surveys of evacuating residents before the storm. She rode out Gustav in Baton Rouge and got to Florence, SC before Hanna. Thankfully they did not send them down to Houston for Ike. She did give me a link so I can see where their storm van is at any time. The jury is still out as to whether this is a good thing for mom or not.

Mamie said...

This is my first visit to your blog but I just have to say - LOVE THOSE KISSING CHEEKS! What a beautiful girl. Love the bird photos too.

Jamie Dawn said...

Simply beautiful.
Ella is a precious child.
I'm sure those little cheeks get lots of kisses every day.
God bless her.

me said...

Perfect close up!(I am a bit partial to beautiful children). You would never know she was dealing with therapy. This girl has beauty on the inside and out.