Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Love at First Sight!

On this day in history the Titanic sank, Abraham Lincoln was shot, and David Whitcomb was born. Someone who shares David's birthday sent me a note with those facts tonight. I must say that the only one that I was aware of was the important one...David's birthday.
Tax day...isn't that a birthday to have! It happens that the year David was born, it happened to be Easter Sunday, so that took some of the edge off of tax day. My good friend, Sara, who worked in accounting was in her office that Sunday. I knew she would be. I called her after he was born, and she said to me, "He may be the Easter bunny this year, but from now on, he'll be Form 1040."
The years pass by so quickly, don't they. The little boy who hurried his appearance into the world has brought much joy to me and his father. His sister likes him just a little too. Now he's all grown up with a family of his own.
Happy birthday, David...the big 3-0. You are making your mother feel very old, but very proud. I loved the little boy that you were, and I love and respect the man that you have become.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

podso said...

What a great post, Bev. Brought tears to my eyes. You have a wonderful son in David. Loved seeing all the photos! Happy BIRTH day to you!

kenju said...

I lovely tribute for David's birthday, Beverly. I sure do see both you and Ella in his childhood photos!!

Z said...

super post! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVID!

WOW, I knew Ella looked like YOU, Beverly, but look at that second picture down of David..........spitting image!! SO CUTE!!

Bellezza said...

I love how you chronicled pieces of his life for us in pictures! I would only remember his birthday, too; every other day pales in comparison to our beloved son's days. He looks like such a fine man, with such a lovely wife and daughter, Ella. I think you must have done a great job, Beverly, and God is with us as mothers.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You made me cry

Princess Talana said...

My Matt is on April 14th... he was recounting to me all the disasters yesterday while I was watching marble sized hail pummel my flower bed... which I guess is better than the 2.2 lb hail that fell on April 14th, killing like 83 people... largest hail in history...

I guess we're brave to have these men in our lives? Lol!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful and loving post, Beverly. My youngest son, Sean was 31 on April 12th, which happened to be Easter sunday this year.
I know how you feel. Where did the time go? Our dear little boys have grown up to be loving, hard-working, and respectable young fathers. WOW!!

Thanks for sharing your pics with us.

srp said...

Yes, happy birthday David! My what a gift on Tax Day! Nyssa has one coming up soon. I had to quit work and go on bed rest on the Tax Day before she was born nine days later. It is hard to think how the years fly by!

photowannabe said...

Tender words Bev. Happy Birthday to your son David too.
I love the last statement of this post. I loved the little boy that you were, and I love and respect the man that you have become. I feel that exact same way about my "boys" too.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh what a wonderful post Bev. Happy Birthday to your David....proud mom that you are. You got me just a little teary...

Jamie Dawn said...

A terrific b-day post for your son.
I hope his day was special.
Tax Day or not... Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful post Bev! especially loved the photo of Don and David... so sweet.