For the Son of God, who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Bearing shame and scoffing rude,
In my place condemned He stood;
Sealed my pardon with His blood.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Guilty, vile, and helpless we;
Spotless Lamb of God was He;
“Full atonement!” can it be?
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Lifted up was He to die;
“It is finished!” was His cry;
Now in Heav’n exalted high.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
When He comes, our glorious King,
All His ransomed home to bring,
Then anew His song we’ll sing:
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

7 comments:
Do you remember the song... He Could Have Called Ten Thousand Angels? The words are so beautiful... this one too. In all the hustle and bustle of preparation for Stephen's visit, I was thinking of Good Friday. Because of Christ and his sacrifice, Christians have their own Passover, for accepting Him makes spiritual death pass over us.
It made me so sad to hear our President declare that we are not a Christian nation.
Happy Easter Beverly. :-)
Wonderful hymn. thanks for printing out the entire song. Its the gospel.
I too was so saddened by our President declaring we aren't a Christian nation too. How sad when things get so diluted.
Have a Blessed Easter Beverly.
Since I have stopped reading or watching the news, I was not aware that he said that. But the fact is (sad or not) that Christians are rapidly becoming not the main religion in the US. That sounds backwards, but you know what I mean.
Happy Easter!
(Oddly enough, my word verification is "jewayoga"
Hallelujah!! What a Savior!!!!
Amen and Amen!!!
Happy Easter to you and your family!!!!!
He was wounded for our transgressions.... and by His stripes we are healed.
God holds us in his hand, through good times and bad ones. I've had a hard time sometimes in life trying to understand some things, and I cannot understand a lot of things that happen. I am glad that God holds the answers when I don't have them. Three people were killed last night in a tornado that touched down in Mena, Arkansas. We were on tornado watch when a storm came directly over Hot Springs. My heart is broken for those who lost their lives and for those who were injured or had damage to their homes and town.
Happy Easter...
I Googled "person praying images" tonight and the third image was a little muslim girl with her hands out......it's happening more and more on Google.
This is a wonderful song, Beverly..thanks!!
Post a Comment