Monday, November 30, 2009

The Man in the Yellow Hat

For a few weeks now, I've seen this gentleman riding his bike down one of the busy streets here. I was sitting in Bob E*ans one morning when I saw him pass by. I was so excited. Now who would be excited by such a sight except for a former first grade teacher who found children delighted with the antics of Curious George and the man in the yellow hat.

Today I needed to go get an ink cartridge for my printer, and when I got out of my car, there parked in front of the office store was this yellow bicycle. My heart skipped a beat as I entered, looking for the yellow hat. There he was in the ink aisle talking to one of the sales people. I told him I had seen him on his bike several mornings, and I wanted so much to take his picture.

He was leaving, so I went to my car and got my camera, and he posed for me. We talked about Curious George, or I should say, I told him about Curious George. He did not know about him at all.

He has a yellow hat, yellow framed glasses, and this yellow bike. He told me that he also has a yellow pickup truck, and that his name is Flash. Oh, the things you see...
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

podso said...

Good one! And I like your header photo--or did I tell you that already! So, so cute!

Ginny Hartzler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginny Hartzler said...

What a delightful story! I'm sorry The Bella missed him. I can only imagine her reaction, because she notices every little thing. I'd like to know more about Mr. Yellow. He would fit right in with that little set of books that you bought ella. "Mr. Yellow."

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I have seen him before several times on my way to walmart. I never thought of asking if I could take his photo. great job, great story. i don't know curious george either.

jel said...

I was going to ask if there was a monkey with him! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for this man and his yellow hat. Kind of inspires one to "just be yourself". :-)

Shammickite said...

I wonder which yellow thing he got first... was it the hat? or the bike? or the glasses? or the pickup truck?

Putz said...

this biker sure reminds me of me...i ride a little girlie bike all over town...my doctor put a restriction on driving a car.....2o milwes per hour in the daytime, but i have meetings at night so i ride this under sized girlie bank and can go about 34 miles per hour and the cops can't stop me on a bike only in my car although they watch my house like a hawk...i have seventeen parked on the corner of my block with binoculars watching my house for DOG AT LARGE, AND WE HAVE ONLY 10 ASSIGNED TO EPHRAIM where i live ...the other seven come from other communities of chester, wales and mountain pleasant to watch my house...don't laugh, they had a supenia for my arrest....bring this man to me the paper said, day or night....i had worked the fine off working at the libray but no one told the jusde love your header, of course i do