Monday, August 28, 2006

Good Monday morning

Last night I was thinking that maybe Ernesto was going to make his presence known here as I watched the maps. I was so afraid that our travel plans for the weekend might be disrupted. Now that would break my heart. I want to get my hands on that baby again.

This morning, the forecast has changed. While the storm was over Haiti, it weakened as it traveled over the mountains of that country. I had an e-mail from Haiti this morning that said that three inches was about all that my friends got in the Cayes area. That is along the southern coast of the country. Considering everything, the damage was not too bad. There were only about three inches of rain.

Maybe, just maybe, it will fall apart and die. No one really deserves to get hit by a major storm this year. As I look at the map this afternoon, it appears that we are still in the path of the oncoming storm. I'm still praying it will fall apart.

At church last night, we had a ministry visit and give a report on their work. Loving hands is a ministry that aids in rehabbing men who have had problems with drugs and alcohol. The ministry takes in these men, houses and feeds them, and fills them with the Word of God. It is exciting to hear their testimonies. One young man is the baby, not yet out of his teens, another 46, who has had a run-in with the law. Others have been messed up by drugs or alcohol and not made good choices in their lives.

Some of the men were raised in Christian homes; some were raised in homes where drugs and alcohol were the norm. As they spoke, they all gave thanks to God for the transformation in their lives. They all ended with Scripture that had been memorized. I was reminded of the verse, "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

5 comments:

TJ said...

I know how anxious you are to hold baby Ella once again...it never stops even the older they get...I live for those kisses and hugs!!!
praying the weather breaks up and you have no worries about the trip!!
(((hugs)))

jel said...

i 2 will pray the weather will break and you can see your grand baby! :)

huggs!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Let's continue to pray that Ernesto leaves us alone. Last night I was worried that we were going to get a pretty good whack. But right now it looks promising. Our weatherman is saying it all depends on what happens tonight. So here's hoping I wake up to good news tomorrow. And I would hate for it to disrupt your travel plans!

srp said...

I hope it comes up the coast as predicted with mostly rain and not much wind. We could really use the rain here in Virginia Beach. All the fronts seem to hit the Blue Ridge mountains and go north and over DC way. It has been dry here with no rain for almost two weeks.

Anonymous said...

I will be watching the storm path and thinking of you. I really hope the weather does not dampen your plans.