Sunday, November 05, 2006

More of Ella

Ella was three months old on Saturday. My, how she has grown from that little baby that came home with her mom and dad from the hospital back in August. Someone had asked me what the chest therapy was like. Every morning and evening David and Sabrina do "thumping" on Ella's chest and back. When the two of them are doing it, it takes about ten minutes. If only one does it, obviously it takes a bit longer. When I went with Sabrina to the CF clinic in Charlottesville, the physician explained that she does not have a buildup of mucous in her lungs yet, but they are having them do the therapy so that she will be used to it, and they will as well. When she gets a little older, there is a vest that they can use to do the therapies.

Sometimes she screams while they do it; sometimes she's placid as you see her here.
See, she does smile. One day while sitting on the couch with her, her mom picked up my camera and began snapping away. I miss that little girl. I can hardly wait until they come visit at Christmas and then again when I can go back and be Grammy again in the flesh. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Susie said...

What a lovely picture of the two of you!
She is adorable beyond words!!

Anonymous said...

That pic's a keeper! She's a little doll, all right.

Well, not that you aren't. . . . ;~)

srp said...

She is definitely "sugar and spice and everything nice", no doubt about it.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful smile she has.

jel said...

that is a cute smile!!!!

Karen Townsend said...

I knew she smiled. How could she not, when she is so well-loved. Precious.

kenju said...

There is nothing on earth as sweet as holding a baby!

Anonymous said...

I loved that picture of you two.
2 very happy people for sure!

Anonymous said...

What a darling little girl. And she looks so pretty in pink. :-)