Nothing can alter the character of God. In the course of a human life, tastes and outlook and temper may change radically: a kind, equable man may turn bitter and crotchety: a man of good-will may grow cynical and callous. But nothing of this sort happens to the Creator. He never becomes less truthful, or merciful, or just, or good, than He used to be. --J.I. Packer
[God] is not proud...He will have us even though we have shown that we prefer everything else to Him. --CS Lewis
As long as you are proud you cannot know God. A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you. --C. S. Lewis
I gave in, and admitted that God was God. --C. S. Lewis





6 comments:
Neat pic's and quotes. I'll come back when I have time to read more carefully.
Beverly
Those were really nice pictures. It is always interesting to see historical structures. I really enjoyed your quotes.
All very pretty...thanks for sharing this!
:)
I love C.S. Lewis quotes.
It's just a cool church, that's all there is to it. The stained glass window looking like the Star of David is amazing.
I have loved CS Lewis for years. I love the first quote and the second is good too.
Thanks for the post Beverly . I love to read about our older church history . I wish I knew which one of my cousins has the picture of one of my Great uncles church where He preached nearly 40 years up in the Blue Ridge Mtns. above Roswell Ga. IT was built with logs and had 2" by 12" by 12ft boards 2ft high and round blocks of wood for the legs for the pews and they used 2ft high round blocks of wood about 20" wide for Sunday School chairs . I will blog about it if I can locate pictures ? Blessings. Ron.
Post a Comment