Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tucker

Tucker came into my daughter's life six years ago. She had moved to her college town to live and work for a while. One day one of her coworkers at the bank told her that a pregnant cat had come to her house, she fed her, and, of course, the cat stayed. When the cat delivered her kittens, Sarah was determined to have one of them.

She was renting a house, and pets were not permitted. So she wrote her landlady a letter, pleading with her to please let her have a cat. She would make sure that the house was spic and span and without fleas whenever she decided to make a move.

Some time went by, and Sarah decided that she wanted to move back to Florida, so she packed up, and her dad and grandpa moved her and Tucker back home. She stayed with us until her house was ready to move into. Tucker spent his time in her bedroom because of our aging female Color. Whenever he got out and came downstairs where Color was, there was quite the confrontation. I was afraid our old cat would have a stroke with this other creature in the house. She was definitely a one-house cat.

A little while ago Sarah felt a mass in Tucker's side, took him to the vet, and it was decided that because he is as young as he is, surgery is definitely in order for him. Tomorrow afternoon Tucker will have surgery to have this mass removed. I almost feel funny asking prayer for a cat, but he is such an important part of Sarah's life. Sarah wouldn't mind a little bit of prayer for herself too. Thanks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been much of an animal lover till "C" moved in...you can't tell me they don't have soul and love for their humans!
God made the wee creatures and I'm all for leaving anything to do with them in His Hands :)

Anonymous said...

Definitely sending prayers for both Sarah and Tucker. I hope all goes well.

kenju said...

I will be glad to add Tucker to my list, right after baby Ella! Tucker is the spitting image of my Storm, right down to the tiny white patch on the chest!

isa said...

I am a dog person ;-), but I am sending my best thoughts and wishes to Tucker!
Will be back soon to find out how well he did...

Karen Townsend said...

Consider it done, for both of them! I don't find anything unusual about the request at all. Pets are family.

Babette said...

Prayers for you, yours, and your cat, Beverly!

Ella is adorable below!!

photowannabe said...

Karen said it best. Pets are family too. Consider the prayers for your daughter and her Tucker done.

Anonymous said...

Animals are also part of God's creation, and you remember that "His eye is on the sparrow"?

I've prayed for animals, before, and for wisdom in caring for them when hard decisions have to be made. Let us know how surgery turns out!