
For those of you who have been following Ben's progress, this is the latest e-mail from his wife:I just found out that Ben's latest HCG level is 74. Remember, that's down from 1.5 million at the beginning! So, that's encouraging.
Other news: Since Ben won't be able to drive for a good while after having his brain surgery, and now the seizure, he's decided to give away his truck. So, he's donating it to CIU for them to use at the Physical Plant. We've attached a picture--it's the only truck Ben has ever owned, so we're a little sentimental.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My daughter and I drove to Virginia to attend a baby shower for my son and his wife. It was a co-ed shower, so that was fun. Some of Sabrina's friends from work were there; David's boss at his construction job; friends from David's former ministry; friends from their Wednesday night Bible study. The shower took place in David and Sabrina's new home. I'll post more with a couple of pictures later.
We drove, so It was quite a trip...very uneventful going up, but lots of rain on the way home. One thing that we noticed, however, was that along I-95 and I-64, there were no billboards. Are they outlawed in Virginia? SRP, maybe you can tell me the answer to that.
I have an eye appointment this afternoon with the retina specialist to see how the lasering of my bleeds has progressed. My vision has not been impaired so far, for which I am so grateful.
More later...
6 comments:
I hope you have a good report from the specialist!
:-D
I don't know about the billboards. It seems that we saw them on the way to Illinois. Hmm. Interesting.hc
glad you had a good trip,
and i to hope you get a good report, from the specialist!
huggs
I've never attended a couples baby shower, sounds like fun..
My Mom had laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy with associated bleeds.
Hope your Dr. visit goes well.
Good luck with the doctor visit. Hope you get great news.
I too hope the DR visit went well. And I read at Melange that you are goin to Chicago!?!? Take me with you....pretty please.
Thank YOU for your kind words on my meltdown the other day. I'm most grateful for a prayer or ten.
While the problem is generally just super irksome to me, it is really hard on my husband. He said in the saddest voice last night..."Most people get to have nice families..." He handles the whole thing better than I because he, a (60 yr old) boy, can distract himself with sports or mowing or hammering and go for hours not thinking about *it*. I multi-task well, and consequently can get worked way up and make dinner at the same time.
Yeah! My beloved Braves beat the Yankees last night. It is time for all slumps to end.
Post a Comment