As I came out of the grocery store this evening and looked in the western sky, I was taken by the beauty of the sky, but also watched the clouds. If Alberto follows his path, we will be receiving lots of rain by Tuesday morning, if not earlier. Hopefully, that's all that it will be.
Our area of the west coast of Florida has been spared from major hits. In fact, I have read and heard that the Indians used to come to this area for shelter when storms were coming.
I must confess I get a knot in my stomach when these depressions form, wondering which way they will blow. The weathermen are usually pretty much on the money when it comes to predicting. They have such sophisticated equipment these days.
Penn State has an outstanding meterology department. Several of the meterologists in the Tampa Bay area are Penn State grads. When my son first went to Penn State, he lived in the material science and engineering interest dorm. The meteorology majors all lived there. He had one roommate that drove him nuts. All he wanted to do was watch the weather channel. Also, that dorm had the only working balconies...during storms the students were out on them watching the weather, while everyone else took cover.
9 comments:
Hi Beverly,
Just saw your comment on Tammy's blog and thought I'd stop in and say "hi"! What a gorgeous photo! Hope the storm doesn't cause you any damage...
Stop in my site anytime :-)
Hey,
Stay safe if you have a storm...keep us updated so we won't be worry warts...lol!
:-D
I don't think I could live in florida. Although I did live in Biloxi Mississippi for 8 years in the 80's. We lived thru two huricanes.
My dad was in the Navy in Pensacola and was a weather man! I always remember him keeping a log of stats, even just the boring "hot & humid" remarks, and had dozens of them filled and on his bookshelf. He would have been agog at the predictive abilities of the weather service now.
Thanks for stopping by, Beverly, it is always so nice to hear from you.
Stay safe in Alberto, Beverly. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Thanks for the kind words in my comments section.
I love pictures made so beautifully in the sky,it's my favorite artwork of God's.
Thanks for stopping by xxxooo,peace be unto you when the storms come.
Penn State you say.
Nyssa will have to put that school on her short list for grad school along with Oklahoma.
She would be the one who would stand on the balcony during the storms as well.
We had a small storm move through our area at dusk. The colours in the sky were breath taking. Such beauty. Such power.
Hi Beverly ~~ This is a great photo of the sky and clouds. I do hope all you got was rain and nothing worse.
I love mangoes, and I hope they ripened for you and your friends, Cheers, Merle.
Post a Comment