As you know from my posts, I'm going to be a grandmother pretty soon. Most people my age have grandchildren who are graduating from high school and college and getting married, but I married late and was in my mid to late thirties when I had my children. My life was wonderful before children and even more wonderful after, so I can't imagine what being a grandmother is like. From what everyone says, there is nothing like it.
In thinking about this baby who is going to make her appearance in about seven weeks, I've been going through baby pictures and pictures of the children when they were small. This is one of my favorites.
When we built our house in 1976, I was expecting my daughter. We had wanted to find property that had trees. A friend of ours who was dabbling in real estate, found a double lot in the city that had never been built on. In fact, it had been kept a bit like a park. When we actually built the house, we had to remove some trees. A landscape company traded work with us for some of the areca palms that were on the property.
However, in the front of the lot, there was a big cedar tree, which we definitely did not remove. It has provided shade for our house. I'm sure over the years it has helped save on our electric bill. It also was a fun place for the children to climb (not too high up) and a great place for me to get some good pictures of them.
6 comments:
What adorable chubby cheeked children!
When you look at your grandchildren, you will be able to see these faces (or parts of them) once again.
The picture on my most recent post of my DH in first grade could be my little 7 yr old grandson today :-)
Cute children.Conradulations on your soon to be grandchild,how exciting for you,You are blessed!
We live in the woods and it is 10 degrees cooler.We save alot on the electric in the summer.Glad to meet a tree lover.
I am sure that you will get some lovely pictures of your Grandchild in that tree as well!
I can concure that being a grandmother is one of life's most wonderful experiences. Next to kids, one of my great loves is trees. Your big old cedar sounds lovely.
Hi Beverly ~~ You must be excited with
the big event coming up. Being a Grandma
is wonderful and I am sure you will love it, Your children were little cuties.
I am glad you like the Whose Child poem
and the jokes. Thanks for dropping b
Take care, Merle.y.
So it is going to be a little girl. Did they decide on a name yet? Will you get to be there? How exciting for you and your whole family!
BTW, we ended up with five inches of rain from that storm here in Virginia Beach. My poor little Max just hates rain, so he was happy to spend the night in his carrier inside. Our gutters ran over and we had a bit of water in the sunroom but now the drying process has at least started.
Post a Comment