I lied. Yes, I did. I just can't resist posting these photos. I received these yesterday from my son. Isn't that baby beautiful? I can just hear you oohing and ahhing over this beauty. Can you believe she's only two weeks old? Thanks for indulging me just a little bit.
Behold my son...all 6'8" of him. After having a campus minister for three years, working in construction for a year, he is now beginning as an eighth grade math teacher. He doesn't have the necessary credentials yet for being certified, so that will have to come. He's a great math student, however, and he is praying that his enthusiasm and compassion for the students will make a real difference in their lives. He's a wonderful young man, if I say so myself.
Tuesday is the day when we'll know whether Ella has CF or not. David said the other day, "Mom, we're putting that behind us and concentrating on Ella." And that is how it should be. If she turns out to be positive for CF on Tuesday, that will not become the emphasis of this blog.
Thanks to all of you who have left encouraging notes to us. I hope that my son and his wife have read them. I know that they read this blog.
12 comments:
some very sweet pictures!
thanks for sharing them!
Thanks for sharing your pictures. She's adorable and I know how proud you must be of your son.
prayers continuing...
just wanted you to know that I want to keep you and Ella in my prayers...you are on my permanate list outside of my blog...still (((praying))) that all goes well for her and comfort for her dear grandma!!
I have three grandchildren of my own. They are so precious. Your grandchild is so adorable.
She is a gorgeous baby, and I sincerely hope she does not have CF. She really does look older than 2 weeks, but remember grandma, we ladies all like to look younger than we are....LOL
Continuing to think good thoughts for baby Ella and her parents and grandma. She's a cutie.
Beautiful pictures. She is absolutely adorable. You have a very handsome son and the smile on his face says it all.
Thanks for sharing.
What an adorable baby girl! And your son is 6'8"?! He's a very handsome young man you should be very proud! I would be posting pictures too, you have a nice family! I too, will be praying for your family! Thanks for stopping by my blog, fellow leftie!
Of course proud Grandma you MUST post pictures. She is adorable!!! And with the height genes in play she could very well become a model or star basketball player in high school. What fun!
Continuing to pray for her. She has such a loving dad and mom and grandma that no matter what the outcome, God has her in the right place.
Hi Beverly,
I just found your comment, and realized I'd forgotten to reply. I always like to say hello to new blog friends. So sorry! Thanks for visiting.
Well, you have something really special there. Congratulations on your first grandbaby! What a joy they are!
I love to see young dads hold their babies like that...it always makes me smile :) Your son is a handsome young man...and boy, is he tall!
I love all the pics...your DIL looks lovely too. And of course, little Ella is so precious! That's awful news about the CF. I do hope the first 2 tests prove to be wrong. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
You must know by now that grandmas can never see too many baby pictures. Post away!! :)
Bev,
So glad you've joined the
"Grandma Club!"
Love those pictures, keep
them coming.
Peggy In Bradenton, Florida
I, for one, will never tire of looking at Ella's pictures or hearing about her. Love the photo of your son with little Ella. She just seems to fit so well in the crook of his arm.
Post a Comment