Friday, August 11, 2006

Some disturbing news

My son called this afternoon and told me that the pediatrician called to say that a blood test done on little Ella tested positive for cystic fibrosis. He did say, however, that a large number are false positives. She will go for another blood test tomorrow and they will know by the middle of next week.

Please pray for my son and daughter-in-law, David and Sabrina, and my little granddaughter, Ella marie.

Thank you.

6 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

She is precious, that little Ella. She and her parents will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Susie said...

Sending prayers for Ella and all her family...

Anonymous said...

For every false positive (an oxymoron if there ever was one) there is a frantic followed by a deeply relieved family. May yours be the next one. Our church will also be in prayer for you all.
Isaiah 41:10 "Do not fear for I am with you...."

srp said...

I've sent an e-mail to you with what I know about the subject. Screening tests are good, in that they can help catch a small number of rare cases in an ocean of normal babies. But, because they are so sensitive, they are not specific and have to be confirmed by tests that are more diagnostic. It is the same with almost all screening tests, they have to be followed by others.

We will keep your family in our prayers, and I expect the final outcome will be good news. God gives us no more than we can handle and helps us handle what comes our way.

TJ said...

praying right now Beverly!!!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful precious little girl. I am very saddened to learn about the blood test. I will be praying for a happy outcome to all of this.