Tuesday, July 01, 2008

For your reading and viewing pleasure

Here are a few photos of Ella, taken while she was here in Florida with "Gammy." I still have a smile on my face when I think about her visit. This week I've been reading a lot of blogs and have read some wonderful posts. Go here to read a heart-warming story that dates back to World War II and the Berlin airlift. You will smile and perhaps have a tear or two as you read this story.
Over at Kenju's place, today she posted a newspaper article about a long distance relationship that lasted for many years, spanning the ocean. Again, your heart will be warmed as you read the post. Click on the photo and you will be able to read it with ease.
Finally, since Ella's diagnosis with CF, I have read many blogs by CFer's. Many go through very hard times, but there is such a strength of spirit and love of life that keeps them going. This morning in my mailbox was this link. Lo had a double lung transplant a couple of years ago that went south. A year ago she had a second one, and in her journal this morning she writes of her journey. It is truly amazing to read of her journey and triumph through difficult times.

Please, please, read all three. You'll be glad you did.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Froggymama said...

I'll be sure to read the articles when I have more time. These pictures are wonderful. Are you the photographer?

And thank you for posting on my blog about the Haitian drum. I had no idea! Yikes, I just read a couple articles from the CDC about it, and called them to see if there could be a possible contamination. With lead from China, anthrax on drums, unsafe plastics in baby bottles, I'm about ready to move to go live in an igloo. xoxo Froggymama

Froggymama said...

Beverly,

I just read this article from the CDC, if you'd like to read it. Sounds like the risk of infection is very low, but not worth taking a risk...I also called the CDC, and I'll ask if we should dispose of the drum.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/anthrax/faq/pelt.asp

Froggymama said...

...no, no. I'm glad you let me know! Thank you.

Salute said...

These stories were touch, but show faith at its best.

kenju said...

What a chubby-cheeked beauty Ella is!

Thanks for the link, Beverly. I loved that story and I am glad others will get to read it.

Susie said...

Hi Bev,
Each picture you post Ella looks more like a little girl and less like a baby. She's such a beauty.
I'll be back to check out your links when I have a bit more blogging time.
xo

Bellezza said...

I hope Ella isn't racking up your long distance phone bill there on the sofa. :)

Anonymous said...

What amazing photos of little Ella. She is such a beautiful child. :-) I bet the week that they were there just fly by.

Z said...

Thank you SO much for linking my Airlift story. That really touched me; I'm so glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.
I've asked Klaus if he'll write more.
Do you know he said he'd write about the actual war but he didn't feel it was seemly to tell Americans about the bombing when Hitler started the whole thing? That's the kind of guy Klaus is. But, stay tuned...maybe I'll get something. I hope you see my Fourth of July post, too...very personal, probably up Thurs night or Fri AM!!

I didn't know your beautiful girl has CF. I'll be praying for that gorgeous little girl. God bless you all.. xx Z

Wendy said...

She is a beautiful child. Sometimes I wish we could just keep them small all the time. But that wouldn't be fair, would it?
Will check out your links. Great pics. I always love "visiting" little Ella.

Beverly said...

the bottom picture of her is so cute, well they all are...but I love those cheeks...

L. said...

Oh, Beverly...I just know that you are missing your little angel already! If we could just make the world a little smaller so that we could all be closer to our loved ones.

She is so adorable....I bet that those cheeks are totally "kissable"!
xoxo