Carmi selected a wonderful theme this week - sky. We have such beautiful skies. The photo doesn't do justice to the clouds in the sky here. The light glowing through the clouds was just breath-taking. You can see other "sky" photos or join in by going here.
Looking at this sky, I'm reminded of the passage of Scripture that says "When I consider your heavens, the works of your fingers, the moon and the starts, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, or the son of man that you care for him?
You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor...You make him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
13 comments:
Where is that in the Bible, Beverly? I like that!
When we were at the beach, I paid attention to cloud patterns over the ocean and they were so beautiful everyday.
Love the play of light across the cloud tops here. Clouds are usually the thing that makes a "skyscape" interesting. Without them the image doesn't really have a "texture".
What's ironic is that the thing that makes clouds like the ones in this shot so fluffy and friendly-looking are the winds inside them that are whipping around at triple-digit speeds and can tear a small plane to shreds if the pilot is unwise enough (or forced to) fly directly into them.
I read once that if you like the sky you're seeing in front of you as a subject for a photo, turn and look behind you. Chances are the sky behind you is even better. I'm not sure how often that's true, but I never forgot it, and the writer is very often right! (Of course a circular polarizing filter never hurts!)
Perfect scripture for your magnificent photo. It seems in summer we have so few clouds in the sky that I haven't taken any sky pictures for a very long time.
Have a great 4th of July holiday Beverly.
Yes that's ugly spam rearing its head again. I didn't want to use the word verification since some of my commenters won't comment if i use it. If it gets worse I gues I will have to go back to it.
Had a wonderful few days but didn't take any pictures of the actual lake. The smoke was too heavy in the air and the water wasn't its usual crystal blue color. Besides I have a gazillion of it anyway.
AWESOMe Cloud pic,
I do love to watch the clouds
hope ya have a great 4th!
NOTICES
Did you miss the fantastic programme with Dr Grady McMurtry on World in Focus earlier this year?
Well now you can now watch it online by visiting; www.talkgod.blip.tv
our skies here are just not as pretty as your skies there, how do you do it???
Happy 4th of July from Canada!
Beautiful, Bev. You've made my day!
Love this shot! I think between the image and your description of the moment, you did it justice and then some.
Your quotation - apt and poignant - reminds me of how the Apollo 8 astronauts read from Genesis when they first orbited the moon on Christmas Eve 1968. If scenes like yours don't move people, they clearly lack soul.
Great picture of the clouds.
Man, I love the beach...Not so much because it's fun as much as it's beauty. God made the beach just to wake up on! ha, God Bless!
Yes, the scripture quotation is fitting. I am often blown away by God's masterful artistry, both where we live and where we vacation. Creation is really awesome--like the Creator!
Post a Comment