Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Project black - 4


While photographing the manatee sculpture pictured in the post below, I walked over and looked down into the marina. And lo and behold, there were some black rocks, so I got two photos for Project Black in one day. I know this isn't project green, but I do like the little plant who is sticking its head up in the middle of the black rocks.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

L. said...

Another great photo, Beverly! This little bit of green symbolizes life and hope.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Persistent little feller, ain't he? Cool photo!

Anna said...

I am so glad you are participating! Did you know that my mom and I swam with the manatees? I love them. They are so gentle.

Raven said...

I like that brave little plant too, willing it's way to life amidst all those black stones.

JeanMac said...

It always amazes me how a little plant will survive in that situation - maybe there is a lesson there for me!

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying all the pictures. Thanks also for stopping by my blog. Blessings to you.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Great picture and very interesting.....

photowannabe said...

I love the splash of green in your black rocks. It gives most character to the shot.

Jamie Dawn said...

Hey!! What's the big idea??!!!
Project Green just HAD to poke its head in and steal some of Project Black's thunder!!!!

:-)

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

The green adds just the right accent to the photo. Nice shot!

Waiting For Ling-Ling said...

Hi Beverly,
I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to answer your comment...I just returned from my trip to Israel. Yes, I am very much interested in CF-I have a student that has this terrible condition and I want to learn as much as I can so that I atleast have awareness of what he goes through as well as what he is facing. I'm so glad your granddaughter is well-I'm sure she is such a blessing. I do keep busy-LOL-I guess I try to fit as much as I can during the summer vacations. I'll be seeing you on the blogs...
Very happy to "meet" you,
Lourdes

srp said...

A little color always seems brighter with the deep black around it!

G. Harrison said...

have a great time at your granddaughter's 2nd birthday, beverly. i accept she is the cutest kid in your universe, perhaps among many.

the lone green flower reminded me of a small tree growing on a boulder beach i visited last week. how do they do it amongst the rocks?

once back from my son's graduation i hope to post it.

cheers,

gord h.

Robert said...

I've been missing your black posts. I love these rocks. The texture and color, mixed with the green, is wonderful. Nice job.