Recently when I read about one of the cats, I was reminded of this book.

I bought this book several years ago, after reading a copy that a friend had. I loaned mine to a friend, and I think she thought that I had given it to her because I never saw it again. This field guide to kitty sightings has a map of the world in it with all the places where cats have been sighted. Of course, the whole world is colored in.
Each drawing of a cat has an appropriate title, along with the scientific name. When I read about Miss Scarlett and her yoga, I was reminded of this particular page in the book.

Looking through the book I was reminded of Mr. Rhett, another of the Siamese who resides with Miss Scarlett. His mom wrote that he keeps her feet warm by getting all comfy on top of them. His sighting is in the book as well.

I did eventually get another copy of the book by going to Amazon.com. It is no longer in print, but I was able to buy a used copy of it. I won't loan it out again.
6 comments:
Thanks for recomending Melange...I went and really enjoyed the site...also went to the Dew on the Kudzu...LOVED IT!!!
Thanks again for directing me to some great reading!
:-D
Oh, Beverly, I will have to look on Amazon for that book. There have been days that my living room looked like the cover.
We are going to Roanoke for the weekend. My dad started a church there 50 years ago and it is the anniversary celebration. Since my mom was born and raised there, she has many people to see too. We will stop by her aunts on the way; she is the last one of the siblings left.
I may even see my best friend from childhood. At least it isn't a 15 hour drive this time. So we will be leaving around five instead of three.
Thanks for the mention and links. I am always happy if someone can enjoy the pictures and get a lift from the site. The cats certainly enjoy posing. Well, except for Maggie, but she doesn't belong to me. Bless her heart, she has had a very hard time getting used to my crew as she was an only cat for so long.
Have a good weekend.
Beverly
I have been enjoying Melange for as long as I have been catblogging. Her site is one of the best to visit because of the wonderful pictures and also because of the sentiments. She is very gifted.
that book looks cute. I would have loved to see it. I collect books.
I must look for this book. Kitties are such contortionists. I wish I had half their flexibility. Mélange is one of my favourite blogs also.
The book is great. We have a cat by default the people before us left him here. My room mate had never had a pet cat before and everything about the cat was strange at first but he learned and now the cat loves him and he is always telling me to look at the strange positions the cat is sleeping in.
Post a Comment