Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Kitty

I think I've mentioned the little cat who lives across the street from me. We've been friends for a while now. She started coming over for some scratching and loving several months ago. Not too long ago, the people who lived in her house moved out. Did they take Kitty? No. Someone from the family has moved in, but I don't know if they feed her or not.
I told my daughter that I was going to start putting food out for her. One day I saw her over on her front porch, patiently waiting for someone to love her. I walked across the street with a dish of food and water. She didn't wait for me to put the dish down before she came to it.
I since have moved the food dish to my front porch. This morning when I went out she was in the driveway. I've tried to photograph her from time to time. This morning she wouldn't be still. Whenever I'd bend over to try to get her photo, she rubbed against my leg and then rolled around on the driveway, waiting to be scratched. (That's a displaced participle, isn't it.) It was the cat who was waiting to be scratched, not the driveway. Oh, well.

I've noticed another kitty who has been coming around, so I'm sure that I'm feeding not just one cat. There are probably some raccoons who come around as well.

So, I guess I'll call her mine until someone tells me otherwise. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Susie said...

Oh Bev,
What a lucky kitty that she has found someone to love her and care for her!
What a kind heart you have...

TJ said...

Hubby always said where there is one cat there is 20 waiting in the bushes...lol!!
No, it is very nice that you have befriended the poor abandoned kitty.
:-D

AC said...

She has *Beverly* imprinted in her heart. She knows where the kitty love is. How can someone just up and leave a pet behind. Sadly, we see it too.

You're a good one. And kitty's a beauty.

Bee-UUU-tiful hibiscus. I've never tried to grow them myself, but I remember my parents had a stand of the big red ones agains the wall of the house. I used to pretend the unfurled flower buds were lipsticks.

Braves are losing as I type. boo hoo.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.. bless your kind heart. What a sweet kitty she is.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly

Have you named her? I really like what AC said...she has Beverly imprinted on her heart. That truly sums it up doesn't it?

She's a beauty and lucky too.

srp said...

She doesn't look too skinny but is probably content knowing you are there to look out for her. Hopefully she has been spayed so more little kittens are not forthcoming.