Continuing with Carmi's theme, behold the python. When I was at Snooty's party on Saturday, this fellow was too. I actually found him beautiful and would have like to have touched him. I didn't hear his name, but in looking at photos on the internet, I think he is an albino ball python. Please correct me if I'm wrong. There was a little boy there who asked if he could please touch him, and the gentleman who had the snake there said that he used to be able to let people touch and hold his snakes, but insurance doesn't permit it any more.
This python is in stark contrast to my little pygmy rattler that I met the other night under my garbage can. After that meeting, I dreamed I had rattlesnakes in my house. I remember when I was young, I used to dream I was at my grandpa's house, and the dirt road would be full of rattlesnakes...probably some deep-seated psychological problem there, but I survived.

13 comments:
Isn't it amazing all the different colors and patterns God put on this earth? Great shot Beverly.
I have a great deal of respect for snakes--at a distance. Right now the distance of 3,000 miles (Florida to California) seems just about right!
Beverly, I'm with Californiateacherguy. I will be content to admire them from afar. Blessings to you.
Make it three in favor of great distances!
I woke from a nap, a while ago, right out of a dream in which I drove into a parking space, somewhere, got out of my car and walked away. Came back a couple of minutes later to discover that my left tire was blown out, with a large (larger than life!) piece of tread lying off to the side, but still attached. A look around ultimately showed that every tire had blown out; yet, I'd had no problem driving.
At least, you can tie your dream about snakes to something real! Maybe I should go check my tires--?
I touched a python in California, teacherguy!? They feel so different than I'd expected.
Re: this one...THEY DYE SNAKES? :-) gorgeous! (for a snake)
OH MY O H M Y
If I was going to touch one, I'd want to make sure his insurance was up-to-date and worth a lot of $$!!
All I can think of is Indiana Jones screaming:
"Jock I hate snakes!"
They give me the heebie jeebies...
He's a gorgeous colour! I really don't like snakes.... but when I was in Australia at Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's zoo) my friend and I had our picures taken with a python round our shoulders. I held the tail and she held the head. I manages to sit there until the photo was taken, but I could feel the panic rising and I got to the stage where I was about to say "GET THIS PYTHON OFF ME.... NOW!" but I was rescued before I got to that point!
One day I'll post the photo!
Beverly~EW! I'm glad you can appreciate him; he's not for me.
(But, I love you anyway.:)
I draw the lines at snake touching and spider handling. Great big fat lines, miles wide lines.
Looks like it could be called,
"Lemon Python"!
Hope you're enjoying your summer. Is your choir starting up again in the fall like mine?
This big guy is truly a beaut... but I am hoping there are no more snakes in your future.. real or in dreams. :-)
Post a Comment