Friday, July 11, 2008

Project Black -2

Taken at the fair this year, this mama was being groomed for show.
Her calf was there too with her mama. The little girl in the photo below wasn't old enough to show an animal this year, but her mother said she could hardly wait until it was her turn.
Mama cow is my entry for project black tonight. Visit Anna's blog to see more.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These photos remind me of the country fairs we used to attend when I spent part of the summer at my aunts farm. Such fun times.

Anonymous said...

Hello Beverly,

Thanks for the reminder when I used to enter my pigs in the fair !Never won grand champion but had a lot of fun !

Up to about 8 years ago I used to attend the 4 h'ers cattle auction after the showing and bid on some choice steers to help out the boys and girls ! You could get some very good US choice beef and up here just about every county has a private slaughter facillity where you could get it processed .

Blessings.
Ron.

photowannabe said...

Perfect choice for black. Pretty Mama and love the picture of that sweet little girl and her cow. I bet she goes far.

Rita Loca said...

Lovely photos! thanks for stopping by my blog.
I lived in Arcadia, Florida and am wondering if you are near there?

Jamie Dawn said...

I've been seeing Project Black photos on blogs these past couple of days.
Yours is the first cows I've seen.
Yours is the third black cat I've seen.
Black cats are the blackest black!!

Wendy said...

Awww - love those cows and baby. Cute!

Raven said...

What a lovely series!