Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thematic Photographic - Light


Carmi's photographic theme this week is light. My mind went immediately to this kitchen table at my cousin's cabin. The afternoon sun provides all the light needed. My cousin and her husband moved an old cabin that was going to be torn down to their property and restored it. Walking into it takes one back a few years. To read more about the cabin go here, here, and here.

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Raven said...

I just love light and shadow. This is a beautiful photograph.

Barbara said...

Your photo leaves me refreshed just looking at it! I can even smell the fresh air outside .... is that a cherry pie I smell in the oven? Oh, for the simpler times!

Now I'm going to explore the rest of the cabin.

Heather said...

It looks so warm and inviting ... thanks for sharing!

Bet said...

Love this photo, Beverly! Beautiful light, and I love the items sitting on the table too.

Anonymous said...

Neat study in contrasts! I, too, love light-and-shadow scenes. Sometimes the sun and light clouds play on our mountains just right, and I could stare for hours...except, of course, both the sun and the clouds move.

photowannabe said...

This is a prize winner Beverly. Great angle shadows and framing.

L. said...

Incredible photo! You are quite good...
xoxo

Nestor Family said...

This is a really great photo... the light, composition, subject. Thanks for sharing in Carmi's Thematic Photographic!

Beverly said...

I truly love that photo...I wish I could jump into it....

AC said...

Love this picture, Beverly.

What about those Rays! boohoo for my boys, can't hit!

Anonymous said...

You've captured it perfectly Beverly.

Pam said...

i totally love natural light and shadow. this is really a great photo. i'm up as well.

Z said...

I'm a shadow FREAK. This is absolutely gorgeous..it's thick with texture and warmth..WOW

smarmoofus said...

That sunlight coming in is so inviting. I'm searching for the right word... not cozy. Homey! This is such a homey feeling. Very comfortable. Lived-in.

-smarmoofus

denverdoc said...

Reminiscent of an old master's painting so perfect the light and shadows.

podso said...

Love this picture!!

Bellezza said...

Oh, Beverly, this is just so beautiful. I love cabins, I love light, and the way you captured it is breathtaking. It gives me so much peace looking it; I can imagine how wonderful it is in real life.